Brady’s Roots and Our Giving
by Kate & Arnie Artessa
This is the time of year for gift-giving and if you are like us you receive many requests from all sorts of organizations both near and far. It makes us reflect on just why we support some organizations and not others. Or why we increase giving to one or reduce to another.
In what ways does Brady Faith Center pull on our heart strings and inspire us to give more and more throughout the years?
Here are some of our answers to that question….
• We give because we love Kevin and Emily and admire the work to which they and the dedicated staff are committed. Rooted in the Gospel call to love and serve.
• We give because we have developed meaningful and soulful relationships through various ministries and programs like Pedals 2 Possibilities and Summer Servants. Rooted in a spirit of kinship.
• We give because we have gifts and talents to share on committees such as the Brady Breakfast, Bike for Brady Community Event and Fund Development. Rooted in sustaining Brady
• We give because we wish to see new programs developed and thrive, like Brady’s Urban Farm and Stone Soup Garden. Rooted in a harmonious relationship with Mother Earth.
• We give because we have seen how it can change and transform lives, not only in the southwest neighborhood of Syracuse, but in our own family. Rooted in being signs of hope.
• We give because we want to be part of the change we would like to see in the world. Rooted in justice, without which there can be no peace.
Not only this holiday season, but throughout the year, we invite you to join us in counting your own ways and reasons for giving to Brady Faith Center. Please consider increasing your giving as Brady has increased in its giving and service to the neighborhood and community. Ours is a God of abundance and generosity. May our hearts and giving be rooted and grow in loving support of Brady Faith Center!
Blessings to all.